Use the Mug Box SVG file to make a box to fit a personalized coffee mug. The box opening will highlight personalized design. The box fits an average size 11 oz mug, but it is best to measure the mug, prior to purchasing this file. Length from handle (meaning the outer part of the handle) to other side of mug should be less than 5.7” and no taller than 4.3”. Mug sits diagonally in the box. It is recommended to use cardstock at least 80 lb paperweight. At a lower cardstock weight, box may not be strong enough to hold mug weight. Actual box measures 4.61″ wide, 3.5″ deep, and 4.75″ tall.
- Caramel American Crafts 12×12 Textured Cardstock: http://amzn.to/2i5BdKc
- Bazzill French Vanilla Cardstock 8.5″x11″: http://amzn.to/2B9370w
- Scotch Quick-Drying Tacky Glue: http://amzn.to/2irLiSz
Additional design ideas:
- Use a patterned paper or embossed card for the panels
- Use a patterned cardstock for the box, without panels
See included PDF file for SVG file and assembly instructions. File includes SVGs with solid scorelines for compatible die cutting machines (i.e. Cricut Explore series and Sizzix eClip2).