Make this 3D bee hive with hive with the Bee Hive SVG File. Top of the hive can be removed to add a battery operated tealight or candle to illuminate the hive in the evening. This would be fun and unique gift for a beekeeper or a bee lover. This project is not considered a beginner project but can be completed slowly by watching the video tutorial below. You can also select to make the bee and/or hive separately. Finished size is of hive on base is @ 7.9” x 6.8” x 5.3” high. Size of hive without base is @ 6.8” x 5.9” x 4.6” high. Bee is 2.3” x 1.0” x 0.8” high.
4) 12″ x 12″ cardstock sheets to cut hive portion with the panels
(2) 12″ x 12″ cardstock sheets for the base
Smaller paper can be used for the remaining pieces.
- American Crafts (AC) Textured cardstock 12 x 12 inch Multiple colors http://amzn.to/2yST79W, Sunflower for hive, Coffee for base, white for wings and flowers, Canary for flower middles and door/window borders, Lemon for bees.
- Scotch Quick-Drying Tacky Glue http://amzn.to/2irLiSz
- Art Glitter Glue Bundle https://amzn.to/2TlGWxc
- Darice Ultrafine Tip Applicator Bottle (for Art Glitter Glue) https://amzn.to/2RWztTw
- Lighter weight black cardstock for bee stripes and stinger (recommend light card or black paper)
- Craft wire
- Doodlebug Design Sprinkles Enamel Dots for bee eyes
- Distress Oxide to ink flowers (Spiced Marmalade & Fire Brick used)
- Ranger Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue http://amzn.to/2A5sp1k
- Patterned vellum for wings
- Cuttlebug Honeycomb Embossing Folder for hive panels
This is a digital file, not a physical product. Upon checkout, you will be granted access to download the SVG file in ZIP format. PDF file included for file reference only. See video for assembly. File includes SVGs with solid scorelines for compatible die cutting machines with scoring capability (i.e. Cricut).